11.26.2009

Distractions.

When life isn’t going the way you’d really like it to, it seems like that’s the time you start to focus your energy on anything and everything else so you don’t go insane.

Lately, it’s been small things for me, like always having something to do, falling insanely in love with a particular movie (I don’t know why…I read the books and I enjoyed the cheesiness of the first movie, but this one was so good!), and just keeping a general busy attitude.

Unfortunately, when you find yourself with more free time, you realize what you had been doing the whole time. That’s not fun. But, before you know it, you’re back on track.

In the end, I think most of it is finally throwing shit away so you live your life instead of thinking/worrying/wondering it away. Calling these things distractions seems kind of harsh. Because, in reality, it has made me feel a lot better about myself. It wasn’t too long ago that I was worrying I wasn’t good enough or smart enough or confident enough or capable enough. Now, I feel more than capable and I know that I’m better than all of the bullshit.

Still…in the words sung by Sia in the song Distractions by Zero 7, sometimes “I only make jokes to distract myself from the truth.”

No comments:

Post a Comment