12.13.2013

Where Does the Time Go?

Christmas is less than two weeks away. I wish I could say that I am completely ready, but I’m not. I’ve made a nice dent, but there are also some projects I need to work on (I’m broke, which means it’s time to get crafty). I don’t know about you, but when I start to Christmas shop, it’s like I break the seal and I want to spend all my money and buy everyone I know something. I really love giving gifts. It’s one of the best parts of Christmas. I need to start stashing money away in a separate savings so that I can go a little nuts when I Christmas shop in the future.

As for my daily life, it’s been pretty good. I’ve been getting a sufficient amount of hours at work…I know people who are only getting one or two and aren’t happy. It makes me feel like I’m doing a good job…also, making money!
As long as there is some sort of income for me, I’m happy. And the job is different all the time. Again, it’s not the end-all, be-all, but it’s a great step forward from the icky job of my past, specifically in regards to my attitude.

As usual, I wanted to share some photos from the past week or so. I got to spend a few days at home this past week, which was nice. The tree is up and smells amazing, we’ve watched a couple of movies, and I love chatting with my family. I will only get a couple nights next week, so I’m hoping to cram in some Christmas movies and cookies!

001 

This is across the street from my house. Those plants have fallen now, but they looked cool against the barren woods.

007 

Last week (even though it feels like five weeks ago), I had dinner with these beautiful ladies (Jenna and Amber) at
La Tolteca, my favorite Mexican restaurant! Jenna heads back to CA very soon, so that was our last little hang ‘til she comes back for the holidays (like, in less than two weeks) and goes back to CA again. She’s been here since the end of July, and it feels like just yesterday that she came back. It’s good, though, because that means Ed, her fiancé and my friend, will be coming back into the states!

048 

I’ve been doing this silly thing on Instagram (@mikeylynn to follow me!), #selfiewithcoffee. I don’t do it with every coffee I drink, because it would be every day and that would be boring. But I seriously like documenting the different coffees I’ve had. I enjoyed a super tasty chocolate cake donut with my Gingerbread coffee…I must say, I’m not a fan of the GB. That was also my first coffee at Wegmans…Instagram memories.
062

Brad recently got glasses, and he’s just about the most handsome man ever. With or without them.

051

Dirty bathroom mirrors…CLASSY. I went to my sister Maria’s company Christmas party this past Saturday. It was fun to dress up and meet her co-workers. Now I can put a face to the names! I wish we had gotten a photo together. She won a spa day as part of the raffle they had…I am so happy for her! She deserves the pampering. Also, you might not really notice/care, but I got my hair cut and I’m loving it. Short hair is my thang.

069 
076

It’s that time of year! Snow is falling, which I love/hate. When I don’t have to do anything, bring it on.
I got to have a snowy constitutional with Artie…when I’m home, I usually take him for a short walk (if he cooperates) to get the mail. But we like to call it his doggie constitutional. Because it’s cute and fun to say.

063 
093 
095

Guess who loves sitting by the tree? Everyone!
Artie loves planting himself on the pink recliner next to the tree…we all usually fight for that chair, but the tree blocks the TV so it’s only good for reading, relaxing, and chatting. I love that Artie was apparently so pooped that he decided to lay down right in front of his doggie bed. It’s right there, but no.
The last photo is one of my many glasses of wine on Monday night. I stayed up talking to my mom and enjoying the holiday decorations around the living room. My sister is the best decorator. I don’t know what I’m going to do when I have my own place to decorate…not even for the holidays, but in general.

So there’s my life lately. Trying to stay in the holiday spirit, working, and enjoying the quiet little moments in life!
Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment