12.17.2013

(Get Into the) Holiday Spirit

photo (1)

Christmas Eve is exactly one week away. I have done most of my Christmas shopping, along with the beginnings of some crafty presents. Still, I can’t help but feel like the holiday spirit is missing.
While mentioning this to Brad, he made a good point. You have to make your own holiday spirit.
It’s hard, because I spend a lot of the week at Brad’s, where there are no decorations. I don’t play my own Christmas music and it plays very sparingly at work. I have presents for people, but I always wish I could afford more.

I’m not really sure what it takes to make the holiday spirit come alive. Is it the cheesy holiday movies on Lifetime and The Hallmark Channel? Is it the music playing in stores? The decorations in stores and on homes?
All I know is, I want it in my life this next week. I want hot cocoa while driving around neighborhoods to check out the lights. I want presents wrapped and ready to give to my family and friends. I want A Charlie Brown Christmas and Elf and Home Alone and A Christmas Story and It’s a Wonderful Life. I just hope I can make the time for it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment