6.13.2014

Recent Reads, 13&14/40: Thinkin’ Outside the Box

003

As I’ve mentioned in previous posts about my 2014 Book Challenge, I’ve been behind ever since I “read” this book for about a month. I am still behind, but I definitely wanted to make up for lost time. I don’t want to make the challenge feel like a chore instead of something that I love to do, so there’s no pressure to finish. Still, I found a couple of shortcuts that helped add some books to my list!

Book 13, Just One Night, was actually a short story, the completion of two novels I read before (Just One Day and Just One Year) which both ended the same way…frustratingly! I’m glad that Gayle Forman put together this little ending. It was sweet.

Book 14 was One More Thing: Stories and Other Stories, by B.J. Novak. I’ve wanted to read it for a little while and seized the opportunity to snag the audio book for free as a way to not go crazy on my 6+ hour drive (alone) to Virginia last week! It was the best idea. First of all, look at how many people read with BJ Novak! Lots of people I like. Also, the fact that there are lots of short stories means I was constantly entertained and didn’t have to listen super hard so that I wouldn’t miss something important in a full-length novel (especially during a drive I’ve never done before). I laughed out loud at a lot of these (and I really wanna snag the hardcover copy for my personal library), but they were also very sweet, sad, and poignant at times. I highly recommend this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment