6.11.2014

Project Life: May Layouts

Another month of 2014 is, literally, in the books.
This month felt a little harder to work on and I know why.

124 129

Aside from my birthday, May was a fairly quiet month so I didn’t have a ton of photos (like I usually do) to go through.
On top of that, I worked a lot more with the vertical Project Life pocket pages (Design D) which means that both sides need to have the right kind of photos and cards. It did eventually work out, but the Sunshine Core Kit, as much as I love it, doesn’t really have horizontal cards to work with. I am able to turn some of them on their sides, and some of the journaling cards are grids, but it just doesn’t feel the same. I previously worked with Design G, which has space for both vertical and horizontal photos. I ran out, but I have to say that it was probably a more favorable way for me to incorporate portrait style photos. Still, it is fun to think outside of the box and this allowed me to work with some cards from my Studio Calico Project Life kit (Camelot, from last month). I know I’ve said this before, but it’s hard for me to stray from the core kit I’ve dedicated myself to this year. I want everything to be cohesive, but the cards I get are so great, I would be crazy NOT to use them!

131 
133

Another new addition to the book is the use of the Design J pages, made for 4x4 Instagram photos. I love using these, small as they are (they look more like inserts than parts of the story I’m telling), because I think that 4x4s are the cutest prints and I have a lot of memories in my IG feed. I look forward to using these more next month.

134 
139

Since I didn’t have a lot of photos, I used some snapshots of texts from Brad and Maria, really nice ones about life and encouragement that I’ll be glad to have saved in the future. The last couple pages of my month always seem to be a mish-mash of photos taken throughout the month. My first ice cream cone of the year, my usual bedside set up, some work stuff I’m proud of. On the bottom photo, you’ll see that I used two journaling cards that are designed to be horizontal, and they were from my Studio Calico kit. Luckily, they flow with the design cards from Sunshine (even though they are turned on their side, it still looks good). Mix and matching isn’t so bad after all!

When I went to put my book back in the bag I carry everything around in, it was SUPER HEAVY. And I’m only 5 months in. I think I will be able to finish the year with this album, but there’s a good chance a bookshelf won’t be able to hold it…unless it’s on the bottom shelf. I didn’t think pictures could be so darn heavy. You live and learn. I’m happy to do these random event layouts, but next year I might do a photo-a-day or a a layout for a week instead. It might keep everything in order a lot better than printing 50+ photos every month and feeling the need to use most of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment