8.19.2013

Recently…

034

It feels like forever since I’ve done one of these, but it turns out it’s only about a month and a half. I like to try and do one every month, but sometimes things don’t really change. Who wants to read a list of the same old things?

Eating:
Chips dipped into sour cream. I’m a healthy girl, right? Back when I was on vacation, Brad’s cousin and his wife told me about this…and I’m surprised I didn’t think of it sooner. I didn’t like sour cream for a long portion of my life, but now I could eat copious amounts of it on anything…and I’m not afraid to lick the spoon after a scoop. Obviously, it isn’t a healthy snack. But gosh, is it tasty.
Drinking:
Coffee and water. Usually, there’s an cocktail/beer/wine that I’m feeling, but I haven’t been much in the drinking mood.
Water is something I drink constantly throughout the day everyday, and coffee is a necessity in the morning.
I’ve recently started a new routine on weekday mornings in an effort to get to work earlier, and it starts with popping a K-Cup in before I do anything else. I find I don’t need coffee as much later in the day since I’ve started this, as well!
Reading:
Haha, funny you should say that…I believe as of right now, I’m 4 books behind schedule on my challenge. I had another failed attempt at reading a book I just couldn’t get into (which only happened one other time this year), but I have also just completely lost my reading mojo. A large portion of my reading time has been cut into (work, silly enough, was my main reading place during downtime), and I just can’t get myself to focus. It’s bumming me out. Hopefully the right book will kick me out of it soon enough!
Watching:
Like everyone else in the world, I’m watching Orange is the New Black. If you have Netflix and haven’t tried it yet, I suggest you do.
I’m trying to take my time, so that I don’t go through serious withdrawal. As I type this, my next episode is 7, and there are 13 in the season. Since it’s on Netflix, binge-watching is extremely easy to do. What a strange, different, funny, sad, frustrating show.
Listening:
The days have gotten cooler around here. I love Fall, but I don’t want summer to cut so quickly. However, on the gloomy days, I really love Grizzly Bear’s latest album, Shields. It’s so beautiful and quiet and haunting.
Lusting:
In almost a month, I’ll be attending a wedding at the beautiful Skytop Lodge. Brad is the best man. I am desperate for a beautiful dress that will suit me and my price range, and go well with the beginning of fall. Not sure how I’m going to find one, but keep your fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment