8.12.2013

A Date Night…Finally.

I say “finally” in the title of this post for 2 reasons:
1) Our date was at Turkey Hill Brewing Company, a pub/restaurant I’ve been wanting to go to for at least a year and
2) It feels like forever since we’ve had a genuine, just-the-two-of-us dinner-drinks-and-conversation sort of date.

The great thing about summer is that allows plenty of entertaining opportunities…I love a full house! But quiet couple moments tend to suffer as a result. Sure, we have plenty of sweats and coffee mornings and TV show cuddles…but I like dressing up (even if it’s just a pair of heels and some makeup with my jeans and tee) and going somewhere new.

060058061

Brad and I both got samplers of the beer…you get 6 small beers of the bar’s choice. This was a nice way of trying what they have to offer. They make all of their own beers and, from what I’ve seen in the past, the menu tends to change with the seasons and times.

063062059

I didn’t have a favorite beer (truth be told, the sampler was enough to tide me over), but I LOVED the food.
I had a pulled pork sandwich, which tends to be a go-to at brewpubs for me, but the menu is extensive with a nice amount of variety.
Flatbread pizzas, sandwiches, salads, and full-blown entrees…you can’t go hungry.

All photos were taken with my iPhone and edited in Afterlight. I apologize for the grainy look, it was dark in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment