8.07.2013

A Special Place

records2

I’ve always had this little daydream of the perfect Sunday morning. I’d wake up, make coffee, read a book, and listen to some of my favorite music on vinyl. It seemed like the perfect way to start any day. I think it started because my sister got a record player and some really great albums a few years ago.

When I was in college, I listened to music all the time. I had my own bedroom and a decent sound system for my laptop and I would play music loudly while I got ready for the day or just sitting around chatting on AIM (yep) and creepin’ on Facebook. When I came home, that pretty much stopped. I no longer had a setup for my speakers, no privacy, and I had to worry about bothering my parents. BLEH. As much as I love music, it stopped being a part of the day to day. I’d listen in the car, and even then, when I was rushing to work, I just didn’t feel like going through my music and settling on something when I was more concerned about making it on time. The daydream was a way of bring music back into my life, of getting inspired again.

BACK TO THE STORY…
Brad has had a pretty significant collection of records for years. They’ve been spending time collecting dust in his little “cave” back at his parents’ house. He finally decided to bring them to Lou’s house, with Lou’s permission of course, and now the living room is cozy and decked out with so many records and the sound system. Instead of empty space, we are surrounded by music. And it’s wonderful.
We’ve listened to Bowie, Bob Dylan, Fleetwood Mac, Simon and Garfunkel, Crosby, Stills, and Nash, Bossa Nova compilations, and Pink Floyd.
We haven’t even cracked the surface.

records1records3records4

But I spent my Sunday listening to beautiful music, reading, and drinking a good cup of coffee. Sometimes dreams come true.

1 comment:

  1. That does sound like a perfect Sunday morning! And the setup looks great :)

    ReplyDelete