9.21.2010

Intrigue

Oh my gosh…

I can’t help it. Especially when it comes to movies, I am a sucker for intrigue. For all the positive feedback and secrecy. For gimmicks.

I don’t remember where I first heard of Catfish, but it was a mention of it’s popularity at some film festival. I shrugged it off. Whatevz.

But now, it seems to be EVERYWHERE (Ok, actual truth? Zach Braff’s Facebook status, the sleeves of the last few Netflix DVDs I rented, and the teensy tiniest reviews in Rolling Stone and online, neither of which I went searching for, and a preview before the movie Easy A, which I wouldn’t say is a comparable genre). And the worst/best part? No one is saying a damn thing about this movie. All I know is, it’s a documentary. The last 40 minutes are an “emotional rollercoaster.” (Check out the trailer for more opinions!)

I am so curious but also extremely nervous to see this. Let’s see which part of me wins…

P.S. If you see this and know me…DO NOT TELL ME ABOUT IT. Unless I ask…

No comments:

Post a Comment