2.19.2014

Riviera Maya

Vacations aren’t a frequent part of my life. Growing up, my family would head to Wildwood Crest for a few days, a not-so-long drive away. I’ve been to Ocean City, MD a couple of times since graduating high school. But still, none of it was for very long or very…exotic, I guess. When I was given the opportunity to go to Mexico with Brad and his family, I was so grateful and excited! It didn’t seem real, though, and I couldn’t believe that I would eventually be boarding a plane and landing at an all-inclusive resort as my hometown got pummeled in snow.

I don’t really know what to say about the trip…it was perfect! The weather was fantastic, the food was enjoyable, the drinks were fun, the company was great. When we first arrived, I felt like I was in a dream. Every morning, when I’d look outside of our deck or walk up to the pool area, I still felt like it couldn’t be real.
When I first knew about the trip, I couldn’t believe it. And I still can’t believe it, after being there and coming back!

Of course, I have to share some photos. I have hundreds, split mostly between my DSLR and my iPhone (I had to do some IG shots and emails to my family), so I’ll probably be talking about it for a while…

101

This was only my 3rd trip requiring a plane, and it’s been about 6 years since the last one. I was so happy to get the window seat! I feel like Instagrammers and photo enthusiasts have a little bucket list of pictures you need to take in your life. Photos from the window seat of a plane were definitely on mine, so I could cross that off. Here was my first view of Mexico! A lovely site after snow-covered buildings and cold roads.

114 21114(9)

The beautiful lobby of Catalonia Riviera Maya, where we were greeted with Tequila Sunrises.

21214( 
21214(1)

Our room was on the first floor, and it was actually quite big. There were two beds, but we shared one and the other housed our suitcase and random clothes explosions and messiness. Brad took this photo of me on our deck, with the view of the pool and palm trees behind me. So beautiful.

134  
181 

Two big pools with swim-up bars, but the ocean was right there. I spent my first two days in these chairs, reading, drinking frozen cocktails, and swimming in clear blue water. Sigh…

269 
226 
275

So many more photos to show, but this is a little taste of the daily life. Palm trees, sunshine, clear blue water (pool or ocean), tequila-based drinks, and lounging without a care in the world.

I feel like I brought home some positivity, and I really hope to keep it with me. The fact that I got this opportunity in the first place proved that I’m super lucky and blessed, and I hope to carry that into my daily life.

*all photos taken with my Canon Rebel XSi, iPhone photos to follow!

1 comment:

  1. OMG so jealous. I wanna go somewhere exotic!!! That looks fabulous, and I'm so glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete