5.23.2009

Do of the Week – 5/18

On my birthday, as we were sitting at a cramped bar and playing 90s dance hits on the jukebox, a bunch of us decided that going to the roller rink would be an amazing idea. Tonight, we did it. I brought out my dusty ole rollerblades and dressed in some 80s gear (legwarmers included) to skate around in a circle all night to cheesy music.

Despite the fact that a sign on the door warned us the night’s festivities were best suited for those 15 and under, we still made the best of it…and I didn’t fall once.

So this is my Do for the week. It doesn’t have to necessarily be roller skating. But I haven’t been since I was in elementary school. It was so fun to do something different for once and, even better, revert back to my childhood.

I just had this conversation with my boss. You never really grow up. And you never should. Stay in touch with that inner child. I’m still young, and it probably seems crazy to say this. But I never want to lose it. I always want to get excited over little things, and to find fun in something as basic as roller skating in a circle below a couple of disco balls.

Here are some photos…

009

015

                            023

No comments:

Post a Comment